RUBBING – POLISHING / BUFFING / COMPOUNDING
What is Rubbing Polishing?
Polish is rubbed on a surface using one's hand or skin. To get a polishing effect, one moves their hand over the surface to apply pressure while applying pressure. A waxing effect is achieved this way.
In Simpler words, to remove scratches and other imperfections on your car, it removes a thin layer of paint. For all types of automotive paint finishes, it is recommended for removing scratches and oxidized coatings. It abrades the surface and makes it peel-free, so it can be polished. Abrasive compounds will remove the damaged layer of paint to reveal the original colour underneath. Hand polishing or machine polishing are both options. A car polishing task that is done by hand is much more detailed than work done by machines. Intricate tasks can also be accomplished with heavy duty machines. Check Price
Advantages of Rubbing Polish (Pros)
When your car is cleaned or serviced, you should get the rubbing polishing done. Car polishing is not well understood by most auto cleaners and owners. Therefore, they usually skip it. We are left with a relatively clean car compared to before but with all the visible defects still present.
- Paint Correction
Some marks on your car could be the result of a botched paint job.Incorporated in this are swirls and uneven covering. Use auto polish to get rid of these annoyances. The paint on the whole automobile is evened out and given a remarkably smooth appearance thanks to its somewhat abrasive qualities.
- Removes Light Scratches
Even though it has some abrasive properties, car polish also functions as a buffer. The auto polish works as a buffer to take care of surface scratches on your car. Your car's paint will be even smoother than before after the scratches have been removed. Unfortunately, serious scrapes where your nails could become tangled are not covered by this.
- Invisibilities of Paint Spots
Additionally, there are some hard-to-remove blemishes on the paint of your automobile. Although auto polishes cannot eliminate stains since they are not cleaners, they do become much more difficult to see through the smoothened paint. Basically, you can picture how tidy your automobile is at this point.
- Makes the Car Glossy (Shiny)
Up to this point, everything of our discussion has focused on improving the smoothness of the car's paint. The automobile is naturally very glossy with a flawless paint job! Additionally, the polish gives the automobile a lustrous appearance. In essence, this implies that your automobile is still very much as stunning as it was when you originally acquired it.
- Car got the New Paint like Effect
Last but not least, the polish aids in removing the car's thin top coat of paint. Under the previous coat of paint, this exposes a brand-new, fresh one. Our automobile looks fantastic thanks to this fresh, flawless coat of paint.
Disadvantages of Rubbing – Polishing (Cons)
There aren't many drawbacks to cleaning an automobile as long as you don't mess up or skimp.
Yes, properly cleaning and polishing your automobile takes a lot of time and work, but failing to do so might make it seem worse.
Here are some instances of the drawbacks and potential problems:
- Create swirls
There's a strong risk that using a buffer on your automobile will just result in extra scratches and swirls if you're using a filthy pad or don't completely disinfect it.
Keep your pads clean at all times, and change them as required. Before even considering polishing, completely decontaminate the area with a fallout remover or a clay bar.
- Burn through paint
This one is better suited for beginners. It's quite rare that a Dual Action polisher would burn through paint. Regardless, it was completed.
When polishing, be cautious to rotate the machine often; otherwise, you run the danger of burning through. If you're using a rotary, this likelihood increases even more.
- Entry barrier
Although you can hand polish a vehicle using a foam applicator and microfiber cloth, you're not likely to attain the desired results. It also takes a lot more work.
Methods Of Polishing (Waxing) A Car By Hand.
Various techniques for rubbing polish There are typically two ways to rub polish by hand. The motion is where these two approaches diverge most. You may use your hands or your forearms to do either technique. Check Price
- Make sure the surface has been adequately decontaminated, clayed, and washed.
- Apply polish to one hand, adjusting the quantity according to the degree of flaws and your personal liking. If you'd like, join your hands to evenly distribute the polish between your two hands.
- Apply the polish to the surface, but don't press too hard. Use both hands to create circular movements while exerting moderate pressure.
- Your own choice will determine the size of these circles. It is advisable to begin slowly (to spread the polish particles out), pick up pace as you go, and finish with quick, tiny circles (to break down the polish) You may apply a mist of water to relubricate the polish if it begins to dry out. Keep it from entirely drying out.
- Once finished, handle the polish residue as normal. The degree of defects you are attempting to repair will still determine the polish grade.
- Ensure that the surface has been adequately decontaminated, clayed, and washed. Grab a clean MF buffing cloth with one hand while applying polish with the other.
- Spread the polish evenly and without applying pressure across the surface. Work in large squares that are about 50 cm by 50 cm.
- Divide the square into 4 more squares. Make short, quick circular movements over 1 of the 4 portions of the area you are working on with the hand that is coated in polish.
- Start at the edge of the square that is opposite the hand you are polishing with (if your left hand is covered in polish, start at the right side). You softly wipe the area with the MF cloth after a few fast swipes.
- Then go around the same area one again in circles. With a few swipes with the MF towel, you remove it (no pressure). You continue repeating this until the polish is nearly completely gone and the surface is just feeling smooth from oil. After completing the aforementioned, go on to the next section of the region you are working on.
- Continue doing them till you're finished. Finish the surface with any other polishing technique.
Professional Car Rubbing – Polishing
Maintaining clean, shiny, and new-looking automobiles needs a specialize detail shop. By briefly heating the clear layer of the paint until it softens into a viscous liquid, "wheeling" polishing a car with a revolving wheel, exactly as a professional detailer would, fills in and removes defects. Limit this type of polishing to once a year and wax your automobile every few months to avoid long-term paint damage. If you follow these instructions, your car will gleam like new in a matter of hours. Check Price
Your car's paint and exterior will look better and last longer if you polish it. Between washing and waxing, polishing is a sometimes-overlooked procedure that, when carried out correctly, significantly revitalizes the outer surface of the automobile. The surface shine will be ready for wax application after a complete automobile polishing removes underlying paint flaws and impurities that are firmly adhered to the surface. A polishing wheel may be necessary to successfully clean your automobile, but hand polishing is also an option. Check Price